Google Docs: How I Love Thee, Let Me Count The Ways...

Just working on a huge assignment for Language Arts course involving collaborating with two colleagues to devise a unit plan on Community Helpers for Grade 1.  This is huge as it involves the design and resource selection and lesson planning, flow and assessment tools for a 10-day balanced literacy program.  I know what you're thinking, 10 days is nothing and wait until you have a whole year and all the subjects to plan for!  Nevertheless, this is great practice for me as a lesson planner and organizer and also for the skill of team teaching and collaborating.  I must say, I couldn't do this without Google Docs and I want to thank Zoe Branigan-Pipe for introducing it to me at the beginning of the year.  It allows me to access all my resources and organize my thoughts, edit ideas of others, keep in constant contact beyond the "school day" and work on it as ideas occur to me.  I haven't a clue how you would go about keeping this organized and flowing smoothly without such an awesome tool.  I am using it now for ALL of my group assignments (of which I have 16 different, with different group members and configurations).  Thank Googleness for Web 2.0!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Great post Michelle. Love how you are using these tools to expand your own learning...I especially love how you are reflecting on how you could use them in the classroom! Great post.