My Vision As A Teacher Leader

On one of our last Educational Technology Leadership classes, Dr. Camille Rutherford asked the class (a small group of pre-service teacher candidates committed to using educational technology to improve student outcomes of achievement, engagement and equity) to create a mission statement that reflects our leadership philosophy. This is mine.

I'm sure that this is subject to change as I gain more experience inside the classroom, but its my prelude to a hopefully long career spent helping students learn to be 21st century leaders themselves.

It is my aim to:

1) master a large repertoire of leadership skills that can be applied according to school community context (be dynamic, be skilled, be multi-talented and be aware of my surroundings - where am I and who is it that I am impacting?)

2) Set directions, get input from school stakeholders on a shared vision using technology (Google forms, etc.) to develop and support teaching and learning. Provide PD (free, online) on a variety of community-building and 21st century fluency skills for parents, fellow teachers, and significant others in the lives of students. Show them that investing in integrated ed tech can only be a good thing.

3) Possess "withitness". Be on the level, be on the street, look people in the eye, have time to talk, walk the walk, make my passion for technology - especially ed tech - highly visible, and also celebrate all use of it within the school.


Now this is a tall order, but I feel like, given my already through the roof passion about ed tech, for all its multifarious uses in helping students to love learning, these steps are actionable. I can't wait to start.

No comments: